- In order to take part in the convention, you are required to register
through our online registration system. Registrations or ticket purchases
through any other means are null and void.
- Registrations are screened manually, and you
will receive an email notification including all necessary payment
information as soon as your registration has been accepted.
- Our currently accepted payment methods are VISA, Mastercard or wire transfer via any German bank,
SWIFT or SEPA.
- All convention fees are due within 7 days after booking.
- Hotel fees and other optional packages are due within approximately 8 weeks.
- If we don't hear anything from you within one week after the inital registration, your registration will first be put on hold, and finally cancelled
Note: For easier processing, due dates are always scheduled on the last day of a month, so the actual payment term for the hotel fees may be longer than 8 weeks depending on the registration date. If you register closer than 8 weeks to the hotel reservation deadline, the term will be shorter for obvious reasons. The due date stated in your registration confirmation is the date that counts. Unfortunately we can no longer accept payments via paypal. Their terms
of service no longer allow the sale of event memberships.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years old (as of the first day of the convention).
- Attendees are required present their legal photo ID or passport at check-in time.
Note: Due to the liabilities imposed on us by the rather strict youth welfare
laws (especially concerning tobacco and alcohol) in Germany, we have decided to
no longer generally allow underage attendees. The board of directors reserves
the right to make exceptions for parents who are either indispensable staff
members or otherwise personally trusted individuals.
- Memberships (including all fees, extras and hotel rooms booked through us) are not refundable.
- However, memberships (including all extras and bookings attached to them) can be transferred. Both parties must send an email to email@example.com and confirm the
transfer. We will then update the database accordingly.
Note: Ticket transfers must be cleared by us in any case. People showing up at
the convention whose names are not in our database will not be admitted in
someone elses name. If you want to re-sell your ticket, we recommend using the
"Ticket Exchange" section in the Eurofurence web forum.
Sponsorship is an easy way to support the
convention by the way of a voluntary extra donation. There are two levels of
sponsor memberships available, "regular sponsor" and "super sponsor". Sponsors
will be mentioned by name in the con book, get a differently colored name
badge, and receive a complimentary souvenir gift package. Super sponsors will
additionally be rewarded with additional goodies and privileges, such as
reserved seats for popular stage events and access to exclusive
- Dogs are allowed in all public hotel areas, except the bar, the restaurants and the pool area.
- Residents of the Maritim Hotel may bring up to one dog per room. Dogs must be registered in advance and an extra cleaning fee will apply.
- Non-Residents may bring up to one dog per person.
- Communication with the registration system is secured by SSL data
- Your data will be treated confidentially and according to German data protection laws.
- You agree that we may hand over your personal data to the Management of the Maritim Hotel for billing purposes.
- We will not disclose your data to any third parties unrelated to your business with Eurofurence, except as required by German law.
- You agree to receive emails concerning your
registration and payment status, as well as a few announcement emails related to Eurofurence.
- We will never send you any emails unrelated to Eurofurence.
understand that - while we of course DO respect your privacy - Eurofurence is not an
anonymous event. You will be required to carry a name badge that serves
as your admission ticket and identifies you with both your real name,
nickname and country of citizenship. Your full name may be mentioned in
Eurofurence related publications such as the con book or videos (e.g. as part
of the credits, sponsor listing, etc).
We understand that not everyone feels fine with their boss being able to google
and find out they're wearing cat and dog costumes in their spare time. So, as a
courtesy, we offer to "opt-out" of having your real name mentioned in any of
our publications. All you have to do is check the appropriate box on the
However, please keep in mind that there is no guarantee for
anonymity. Your name tag may still be visible on photographs, other people may
mention your name in public, and you may have to deal with staffers who don't
have access to your registration data (including the information if you've
opted out or not.) So, while we'll do our best, we will not accept any
Eurofurence 17 - Kung Fur Hustle | Maritim Hotel Magdeburg, Germany | August 17-21, 2011 | [Policies] | [Imprint]